All shapes begin with a basic loose circle. Begin with 4-inch to 6-inch length strips for the loose circles. Pinch the circles with thumb and forefinger to either a teardrop or marquise shape. Glue five shapes, one at a time, at the points and allow to dry. Finish by gluing a rhinestone, pearl, tight roll or other embellishment in the center.
The measurements and shapes of the flower petals are noted below.
1. five 6-inch teardrops, crimped 1/4" wide strips, add pearl center
2. five 4-inch teardrops, add rhinestone center
3. five 6-inch marquise, triple rolled using red, green and white strips, add rhinestone center
4. five 7-inch teardrops, double rolled using turquoise and brown strips, add right roll center
5. five 16-inch shaped teardrops, add embellishment in center and ribbon for ornament or package decor
(If you do not have long strips of quilling paper, glue two 8-inch strips together end-to-end, let dry and roll your loose circles.)
Back to the project page .
Back to my Quilling page